Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Old school

Lets talk about something new in this post. Something a little different than talking about any one specific skater. Something along the lines of......Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Who has not heard about the Pro Skater series? Or more commonly known as the Tony Hawk video games. If you do not know about these games, I highly suggest you check them out. They were AWESOME! They are a huge, and I mean huge, part of why I got into skateboarding. I grew up with the original Playstation game consol and the Tony Hawk video games were my life in the 90's. They included all of the original old school skaters whome I look up to in the sport, one of which I already posted about, Rodney Mullen.

The game lets you take control of several skaters and play though several different levels. Though there is no stoyline the game is still amazing. Theres also several different game modes as well. The basic one where you have a list of items to find and tricks to do within a time limit. Then theres Combo mode where you collect the letters C-O-M-B-O in order without breaking your line(doing a trick the whole way from the first letter C to the last being O, never just moving along the ground). The levels vary from larg cities to small suburban towns, though there are a few special unlocks you get once beating the game. In the first game you get to play as spiderman and you also get some space level. In the second game you unlock an Area 51-type level where there are alians.

That pretty much sums up the games and also my childhood. If you dont know about the Tony Hawk video games I really suggest trying them out. They are a lot of fun even though there almost 20 years old. They were a part of why I love skateboarding today. Life would not be the same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment