Next up is Daewon Song. I don't really know much about him since he wasn't a big part of skateboarding when I started learning about it and there isn't much to find on the Internet either. Maybe I just have bad luck searching.
From what I have found, daewon was born Februrary 25, 1975 in California. He is a Korean-American professional skateboarder greatly recognized for his technical street skating. Along with Rodney Mullen, daewon co-owns the company Almost. He also skates for the company team.
Songs First sponsor came from Sporting Goods In Gardena, California. Shortly after he was sponsored by World Industries, appearing in their film titled Love Child. Song left the company after nine years to form his own called Deca Skateboards. Unfortunately the company had to close after only three years due to the failure to Grow. Daewon then went on to co-found Almost with several other fellow pro skateboarders.
In 2006, Daewon Song was named Thrasher Magazines skater of the year. Daewon has also been featured in several Tony Hawk video games.
Since I really never heard of him until a few years ago, daewon song hasn't had much of an influence on skateboarding for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment