Heading back to talking about pro skaters in this weeks post, I'm going to blog about Bob Burnquist. Bob was featured in eight out of the eleven Tony Hawk video games thus far. I've known about him as a professional skater my whole life since I grew up playing the games he was in. I've also watched numerous skated videos that he was featured in as well, being inspired by all that he has done and still continues to do.
Bob Burnquist started skating in 1986 and turned pro only seven years later. He started competing in 1989 and has won numerous medals for his skating. Burnquist has won five X-game gold medals, one in 2000, another in 2001, 2003 and lastly in 2005. Along with those five gold medals, bob Burnquist has won several other awards from other skatieboarding.
Bob grew up in Rio De Janeiro but now lives in Vista, California with his girlfriend Jen O'brien and their daughter Lotus. Besides skating, Bob burnquist enjoys doing many other things for fun. He is a licensed pilot and skydiver with over 450 jumps under his belt. He also loves film and farming. Despite the fact that Bob has very heavy asthma, he is still a very successful skateboarder.
No comments:
Post a Comment